I Have A Cold

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Cutepal, Feb 9, 2015.

1. So I have a cold, and I was going to go outside to take role of my flock, but then I remembered that I had a cold and I should stay away from them just in case they catch some chicken sickness. I still have family who take care of my hens, but I am afraid I might get them into some sickness too. Should I touch them and kiss their cute little backs, or should I stay away? [​IMG]

2. JJSS89

JJSS89 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2014
    E Washington
    Chickens are exposed to some pretty nasty stuff. I have never heard of people getting their chickens sick from the common cold.

3. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    Kissing your chickens is much more likely to make you sick than them! If you can't help kissing them, at least wait until you are healthy again. [​IMG]

4. I press my lips VERY lightly on them and then wipe my lips over and over again though. Lol. [​IMG]

5. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Unless you have avian influenza you have little to worry about. Chickens love all sorts of gross stuff, including manure piles, and they do not get sick from that.

6. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    You are just another one of us crazy chicken lovers, keep lovin' on those birds! [​IMG]

7. JJSS89

JJSS89 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2014
    E Washington
    Right [​IMG] and if you do have bird flu, you are not a human [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by