I have a dilema and need some ideas

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by debilorrah, Jun 20, 2011.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Ken's nephew is getting married on July 9th. Ken is unemployed right now, so we are barely above water and really cannot afford a gift. Does anyone have any ideas that are inexpensive yet appreciated?

2. un-named

un-named Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    You guys could think about your talents and offer to do something for the newly weds in the future, like fix his car or something..... given and written out in a lovely card.

3. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Well, I just learned on Father's Day that it really IS the thought that counts, with good people, which I'm sure they are. So how about something handmade? Have any craft talents? Decor for the house, framed quilt block, something cross-stitched with their names and weddings date and some wedding bells maybe? Fresh eggs dressed up in a beautiful basket with other home goodies, baked goods, jams, etc? I would think a gift basket like that would be personal and fun for them to paw through later. Or like un-named said, maybe a "service" you could provide? Pet sitting while they are on their honeymoon?

4. debilorrah

I am about the most UN artistic person on this planet. [​IMG] I am thinking about that case of beer. I am pretty sure they may appreciate that one.

5. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:[​IMG] My dad was perfectly thrilled with that. [​IMG]

6. northerngirl

northerngirl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2011
    Medina
    A book of family recipes?

7. debilorrah

Quote:OH GOOD IDEA!!!!! I am a GREAT cook!!! OMG thank you!!!

8. goobhen

goobhen Chicks Rule

Dec 6, 2008
    Indiana
    Deb, I think the suggestion for the family recipes is a great idea! I am currently making one for my son. I cannot tell you how many family recipes that are gone forever, because the people who made my favorites have passed away.

be blessed, theresa [​IMG]

9. LostMindPleaseFind

LostMindPleaseFind Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    Little Rock, AR
    Quote:Tradition allows up to a year to give a wedding gift. Hope that helps! [​IMG]

10. ben is a terror

ben is a terror Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    LBI,NJ & JIM THORPE,PA
    How about having them for a BBQ etc. I'm think a nice visit with you would be a great gift. I would love hot dogs, salad and beer on a hot summer day. A gift doesn't have to cost alot as long as it comes from the heart. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by