I have a good home in CA for a roo.

Mulemom

Songster
12 Years
May 8, 2007
Sacramento, CA
I am always reading posts from people who have too many roosters. I never wanted any roos but the free chick from the hatchery turned out to be a Silver Spangled Hamburg rooster. We loved him! He was not very loud, and a real gentelman to the ladies. It was a sad day on Sunday when we came home to find that he had gotten out of the run and my DH's new pup had killed him. We are doing some intinsive training with the dog and making sure that the chickens can no longer find a way out of their run so that this never happens again.

We would like to have another boy like Bob, but am open to different options. I want one who is not aggressive, and can be handled, but he doesn't have to be a lap chicken. I have 24 lap hens as it is.

Please let me know what kind of extra roosters are out there!

Thanks!

Hey! I have four wonderfully responsible, handraised, beautiful aurcanas looking for a home. I live in Southern California but I heard it was possible to mail a rooster... I could talk to my local post office and look into pricing if you are interested in one or two of the roosters. Email me back please
big_smile.png

Kelly
[email protected]

I have a White Silkie rooster I need to rehome. He is very tame, can be handfed, but doesn't like to be held.

I live in the Stockton-Modesto area. If you are close enough to pick up, you can have him for free... I was going to sell him, but it sounds like you would give him a good, loving home.

If you are interested, please email me.

Hi everyone. Thanks so much for the reponse!

Kelly, can you send me a pic of your roos? My DH has his heart set on another "Bob" but with pictures of a beautiful Aurcana. I could probably change his mind. (The chicken decisions are mine anyway). I do wonder what it would cost to overnight a rooster. To bad he can't just stick his thumb out.
lol.png

Cellester, thank you for your wonderful offer, but I had to rehome my one crested polish hen, because she was getting her head pecked off by the other girls. I'm afraid the same thing might happen with a fluffy silkie.

No problem Mulemom; I totally understand. I wouldn't want to rehome him where he might be potentially picked on.

I'm going to get some pictures together and offer him along with another pair of white silkies here on the board shortly.

I will get a picture as soon as possible! It will probably be Thursday because that is when I next visit my dad's house, where the chickens are
smile.png

Talk to you soon,

Kelly

Ps.> I will call the post office today and see how much it would cost to ship him. What area of the country do you live in?

I have a 3 month-old Ameraucana/EE roo in need of a home. I'm close to you too (Sacramento).

penny.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom