I have a hen who has lost her voice is she sick?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by rhodered10, Aug 12, 2010.

1. rhodered10

rhodered10 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 12, 2010
    I have a rhode island red mix chicken who used to talk alot. actualy she would pretty much scream, she was the loudest of all of my chickens but one day i went out there and noticed that she had almost completly lost her voice the only noise she can make is a kind of squeak my mom says it was because she is just hot but i think it might have something to do with a diseace or virus. what makes me think this is that the previous day i had gone to the fair and i saw alot of chickens there so i think i might have given her something but i dont know what and i cant seem to find the answer anywere and i was hoping some one here could help. she is a young hen who is about 20 weeks old and i dont think she has started laying yet but i have found some extra eggs around. another thing i have noticed is alot of runny poops in the coop and i saw something in one that could have been blood but i am not exaclty sure. if u know what could be wrong please help i am getting concerned!!!!![​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  2. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    maybe the heat if its hot where you are? Is it a young one going through puberty? Dont know if hens do but my roos change their crow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by