I have a lone wolf on my hands.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Atomic Rooster, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Atomic Rooster

Atomic Rooster Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2010
    East Central Mississippi
    I purchased 5 yellow buff hens and a roo and have had them for a while. Well one of the buffs follows me around like a dog. She does not have anything to do with the others.

If I am outside she will seek me out then go to sleep I think she is dead a lot of times. Does chicken have some kind of eye sickness one or two has just a little bit of crust on them.

2. dmdhart

dmdhart Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2009
    Millwood, VA
    LOL, I've had a few chickens like that. Right now, one of my blackstars and attached herself to my roommate, who is not a chicken person. She follows him everywhere, and will just sit at his feet if he is out in the backyard, it's pretty funny.
    In so far as the eye thing, yes, they can get eye stuff. If you can catch them (try at night once they've gone into the coop,) and put a little neosporin in their eyes. Are their noses running or do they show any other signs of a cold? If so, you might want to treat them with some antibiotics. Duramycin, which is available at any feed store is a good one. You mix it with their drinking water. Withhold their water for a night, and then in the morning put down a container with that in it. It should tell you how many days to treat for.
    Hope this helps.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by