I have a new obsession (other than BYC)...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by PotterWatch, Nov 3, 2009.

1. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    My birthday is coming up next week and my husband presented me with my present today... a KINDLE!!!!! For an obsessive reader like myself, there could be no better gift! I often find myself with two or more books going at a time, so a kindle is perfect for me, no lugging numerous books around or trying to find the one I left laying by the couch or in the garage or next to the bed, etc. I have already gotten two titles that I was unable to get at the library or bookstore (one was out of print, the other was only available in hardback and was therefore $25 if I wanted to order it). Hurray for the kindle!

2. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    I had to google "kindle" because I had absolutely no idea what it was. [​IMG] I like it!!!! Congrats and happy birthday!

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Nice! Spoiled brat!! [​IMG] I want one.... [​IMG]

4. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I love that a lot of the classics are free. I haven't read many of them since high school if at all. I even got the complete works of Shakespeare and most of the founding documents of our country. This is amazing!

5. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Cool! That's a good birthday present!

6. keedokes

keedokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    *jealous* [​IMG]

7. CrazyChickieMama

CrazyChickieMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Bolton, NC
    I SOOOOOOO want one for Christmas!!!!!! It would lighten the load on the bookshelf for sure.

8. pixie74943

pixie74943 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Adelaide, Australia
    *gasp* traitor!! I refuse to get one on principle.. they dont smell like books.. they dont look good on my bookshelf.. and its just one more glowing rectangle to stare at.. I read to get AWAY from my 20,000 screens I stare at every day...

Am jealous of the freebies though.. I just spent $13 to buy Dracula..

9. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    I AM SOOOOOOOO Jealous.....[​IMG] I have wanted one ( Book Reader) for years now... If you need some books for it let me know I have a collection of thousands of books on my pc and know a few awesome places to get more...

10. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Quote:They don't glow. The screens are dark, they look like paper. It's the future! And you don't put it on your bookshelf because you have a thousand and one books in it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by