i have a new opinion about TVs "hoarders"

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by dinahmoe, Jun 20, 2011.

1. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    my views have changed yet again.(not talking about animal hoarders,just stuff)

1st,about a year ago,i said it was nasty.why don't they just get a big dumpster out back and toss everything.

2nd,6 months ago,well these people have an emotional attachment and i felt that if you didn't live there,then let them be.

3rd,today,i have recently become so frugal that now i watch it and i am thinking" that is some good stuff you got there."
    don't toss that broken chair,a little wood glue and paint and it is as good as new.

funny how things change.

2. Rollerman

Rollerman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Kind of follows the old "one mans trash another mans tressure" thing. I guess the secret is to not hold on to to much of the other mans trash!lol

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

4. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    Yea but some of it is on so much filth it is horrible. I have watched a few that were more of collectors overflowing and their stuff wasn't nasty stages yet. I would think it would be better to trash with some of them and maybe donate which they did on the better stuff.

5. driehuis

driehuis Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2011
    Yeah those shows fascinate me. I sometimes think the same thing when I see some of the stuff. I want to go in there and seperate potential useful stuff from trash and clean and clean and clean and have a yard sale. I guess the differences between being a frugal saver and a hoarder with a bad problem are: The hoarders tend to go out looking for things to bring home and don't know when to stop. And they can't even seem to throw away trash that has absolutely no use. Their lives are so out of control that the broken chair will never be fixed. It will just sit there under a pile with the thought of fixing it "someday". Truly sad for them.

6. beverly evans

beverly evans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2013
    I admit, I am a hoarder. I don't save crap like styrofoam containers and fast food containers. It started when 3 elderly relatives all died within a short period of each other and I inherited antique furniture and other household stuff. Everything needed a little fixing to get it where it would bring the most at a flea market or garage sale. I never get around to things, people say "sell it as is" but I can't. Other stuff seems to accummulate as well, until it becomes so bad as to be overwellming and I don't know where to start. I went to a support group and have succeeded in learning to bring nothing more into the house. I ignore free things on the street in front of people's houses unless it is something I can use the very next day in a chicken coop say. I drive right by estate sales and garage sales and never go to flea markets. I need to have about three or four garage sales. When I've made every atempt to get as much money ;as I can from whatever, then If I can't sell it Goodwill will get it but I have to try first. I have to find someone like me who will trade off help to do this, I wasn't always like this, only the past 20 years. (I'm old.) Anyway, once you reach this state it is very traumatic for someone to come in and start messing with your stuff. so try not to judge too harshly. The people are put thru hell on TV and probably go back to the same because the cause of it all is never addressed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by