I have a pancake

stargazingmommy

Songster
9 Years
Apr 19, 2011
Spokane
at least she is pretending.
Here is Miss broody aka bellatrix hiding 4 banty eggs aand 1 duck egg underneath all that fluff.

87525_broody.jpg

its 4:10 AM for me...I'm at work till 6.

Lets see, she's a Salmon Faverolle, the banty eggs are Columbian wyandotte, the duck egg is a runner pekin cross.
Shes on 4 chicken eggs 1 duck and I have 3 chicken and 1 duck in the incubator in the house. Her duck should be haatching in the next week or two, I kinda didn't keep track.
The chicken eggs are on day 11 now. the duck egg in the bator was laid friday

Here on the east coast, my day is just starting. But my son works the 10pm-6am shift, so he is just home, eaten, and is off to bed.

As a relative newbie without any roos, I don't anticipate having any "pancakes," at least not any with any hopes of being productive.....much to the disappointment of my 5yr old neice. I gave my five siblings a half-dozen eggs each for Christmas,(mine are still as rare and exciting as gold) and my sister's daughter's reaction was priceless. Sister:"Look what Aunt L gave us for Christmas!" Neice: (looking at egg carton) "Chickies!??!" Sister: "No. Eggs." Neice: (pout) "I wanted chickies."

Well, I'm off to check on my chickies and head off to work. Good night!

mm

maizy'smom :

Here on the east coast, my day is just starting. But my son works the 10pm-6am shift, so he is just home, eaten, and is off to bed.

As a relative newbie without any roos, I don't anticipate having any "pancakes," at least not any with any hopes of being productive.....much to the disappointment of my 5yr old neice. I gave my five siblings a half-dozen eggs each for Christmas,(mine are still as rare and exciting as gold) and my sister's daughter's reaction was priceless. Sister:"Look what Aunt L gave us for Christmas!" Neice: (looking at egg carton) "Chickies!??!" Sister: "No. Eggs." Neice: (pout) "I wanted chickies."

Well, I'm off to check on my chickies and head off to work. Good night!

mm

I have no roos....
I tried 2 weeks to break her broodiness, gave up and posted an ad on craigslist hoping someone local had some fertile eggs.
I was amazed when someone did. I offered to trade some duck eggs or to pay for them, she just wanted duck eggs. We got there to pick them up...only to discover she had been my daughters school librarian in middle school, an awesome lady that we both really liked. She retired last year, and it's a loss for the school.
So, got 9 eggs from her...until i got the incubator we stuck all the eggs under the hen, 1 disappeared...yeah, don't know how that happened yet.
My teens are thrilled at the prospect of getting baby chickies again maybe...​

Back
Top Bottom