I have a pip! New Pics!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sherris Backyard Beauties, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Sherris Backyard Beauties

Sherris Backyard Beauties Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2007
    Fort Pierce, Florida
    I have a pip! I have extreme IBW, I cannot move around this house without checking the eggs. About How long does it take to come out of the shell? I can't take it!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    it takes... forever! lol. They torture you

3. Sherris Backyard Beauties

Sep 1, 2007
    Fort Pierce, Florida
    I know it! I was starting to think they weren't gonna make it. I haven't seen any do the roll till this morning.

4. Sherris Backyard Beauties

Sep 1, 2007
    Fort Pierce, Florida
    I'm still waiting, she pipped at 9 am this morning, and she hasn't come out yet! Watch her come out while I'm asleep.[​IMG]

5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Yup, they always wait until your fast asleep in dreamy land and then CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP. LOL Good luck getting any rest tonight. Gosh I know that feeling.

Jody

6. Bantymama

Bantymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    MN
    This is the part that drives me nuts. We wait and wait.

7. Sherris Backyard Beauties

Sep 1, 2007
    Fort Pierce, Florida
    Well, I was up all night, every hour on the hour and my bird couldn't get through the pip. At 9 am this morning I didn't hear her anymore. I got nervous as all get up. So I reread through the emergancy thread of helping babies out and thank gosh I did, because she's here.I helped her get through the egg till her head and 1 wing came out. She was upside down in the egg and once her little wing came out, I put her back inand she kicked off the rest of the egg. . It took me about 2 1/2 hours to clip that shell little by little. I kept putting her back in to warm up with the warm wash rag. Anyways, I'm so glad I helped her because she was so huge in that little egg. I just hope the rest hatch regularly. I was so stressed, I thought I was gonna make her bleed. I seen one drop of blood and stopped, put water on it and let her rest. "Heres a pic of MY Girl"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  8. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Yay!! She's so cute. I am going to have a print out of the helping post right next to my bator!! I've got one cheeping and rocking and it is a tiny little egg. I can't not believe the sounds coming out of it!!
    What is your little girl?

9. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    alright now we can see more pics, right ? glad your waiting is over [​IMG]

10. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Awwww... so cute - good job mom. What breed is she - I've never seen those kind of colors together before - maybe it's because she's not totally fluffed. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by