1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I have a pip!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by key west chick, Nov 27, 2008.

1. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I had 2 eggs from my 2nd kiki shipment that went on to develope. I also put in an egg from my key west roo to check on his fertility. Today is day 19 and I have a pip in Smokey's egg! My last kiki egg that piped a week ago died before it was out. So hopefully the 2 kiki eggs will pip tomorrow! I have no doubt Smokey's egg will zip, they are very hardy chickens. My humidity is 66% and my temp is 99.6.

2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    [​IMG] Good luck, I hope they hatch [​IMG] [​IMG]

CONGRATS !!!!

3. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    Sending many "hatching vibes" your way!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Have fun! [​IMG]

4. key west chick

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Its only been an hour and its making lots of progress. Really peeping up a storm.

5. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    [​IMG] I hope they all hatch [​IMG]

6. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Can someone please tell me what a kiki is? Or post a pic?

7. Rufflemyfeathers

Rufflemyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    CONGRATS THERE..YOU ARE RIGHT ALONG WITH ME HERE..I GOT 3 PIPPING RIGHT NOW AND NOISY. CAN HEAR WAY ACROSS THE ROOM..GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND HAVE A GOOD HATCH..[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. key west chick

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    A kiki is kinda a made up name for a bantam that was used to make key west chickens so small. Sorry, no pics, don't have any at the moment. But it looks like a tiny game chicken.The one that is piping now is my key west chicken. I hoping it will finish before I go to bed. I'm naming this one "giblet" in honer of Thanksgiving!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by