1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I have a pip!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickenlover88, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Chickenlover88

Chickenlover88 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2007
    Dallas, Georgia
    It is day 19 and one of my eggs is pipped and cheeping. I hope some actually hatch this time! There are three eggs due to hatch at the same time. They are from a cochin x salmon faverolle mom and a frizzle cochin dad. They should be cute.

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

What an interesting mix!! I cant waite to see pics!!! "hint hint" LOL Congrats on the pip.....any time now!!! Woohoo!

3. Chickenlover88

May 10, 2007
    Dallas, Georgia
    Thank you! I can't wait till they hatch. It is an interesting mix. They basically look like cochins with beards. So I just call them bearded cochins. lol

4. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Congratulations! i have some Frizzle crossed with silkie, polish, japanese and millefluer eggs due to hatch end of the month. Can't wait to see what they look like.

Please post pictures of your babies, if possible. And good luck on a healthy hatch!

Colleen

5. Chickenlover88

May 10, 2007
    Dallas, Georgia
    Thanks guys! The egg is pipped a little more since last night and it is peeping up a storm. Hopefully it will be out by this afternoon! I'm not too worried about it hatching early though because I just remembered that these eggs came out from under a broody hen so it is very possible that it was incubated for a couple of days before I got it.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  6. Chickenlover88

May 10, 2007
    Dallas, Georgia
    It hatched! And it's doing great! It is a cute little yellow feather legged chick with a few black dots.

7. Chickenlover88

May 10, 2007
    Dallas, Georgia
    Well all three hatched! I will post pics later today when they are all moved into their brooder. There are two little yellow fuzzy babies and one little black fuzzy baby. All three have feathered legs and a beard. One has 5 toes and the other two have 4.

8. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    Congratulations!!!!

Yes we want to see pictures.

jackie

9. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

How exciting!!!! Hurry up with those pics!!

Lori

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by