I have a pip!

Pics

kesrchicky16

Songster
Dec 13, 2016
I should soooooo be sleeping but tomorrow (well it's after midnight so today) is hatch day and I was laying I bed (yes stupid me putting the incubator in my bedroom) and I heard a peep. 2:00 first external pip! Hopefully peepy little chick by morning.

One of mine that developed but died in the shell was in a football shaped egg. I did an egg necropsy and it had no air cell what so ever in it. :( It had not died long before opened it (but it was stiff) but the blood was red enough to tell me that had I gone with my gut and did that sooner, it MAY have lived (or I may have killed it and would feeling pretty crummy right now). It did not die from me assisting. Had it been still alive, it would have bled when I was unhusking the shell. No bleeding....

One of mine that developed but died in the shell was in a football shaped egg. I did an egg necropsy and it had no air cell what so ever in it. :( It had not died long before opened it (but it was stiff) but the blood was red enough to tell me that had I gone with my gut and did that sooner, it MAY have lived (or I may have killed it and would feeling pretty crummy right now). It did not die from me assisting. Had it been still alive, it would have bled when I was unhusking the shell. No bleeding....
It has a developed air cell that I marked when I candled at lockdown.

Update. One wet chick, 1 unzipping, 2 pips (1 normal, 1 wrong end)

Attachments

• 20180112_153828.jpg
    20180112_153828.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 16

Back
Top Bottom