I have a pip

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AussieSharon, Mar 1, 2008.

1. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    It's day 20 on my test hatch in my new Genesis bator. Of 13 eggs I had to toss one clear one. I just checked the bator and I have a pip! At LoneCowboy's suggestion for IBW I am off to get my snacks, drinks and any other supplies I need for the next several hours. Bator is right next to the bathroom so I'm fine in that department.

Will update and with pics.

2. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

congrats
    ok you have the potty, food, drinks what about the bed ??

Julie

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    No one sleeps when there are chicks pipping and a hatching!!...lol

Have fun!!!

4. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Don't forget the bottle of Tylenol or muscle relaxers as your back and neck will be strained from all the weird positions you will be in just to stare at a pipped egg. [​IMG]

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    and kleenex to wipe off the nose smudges on the bator window when you peek in [​IMG]

6. lannabun

lannabun Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    indiana
    congrads hope all is going well with the otheres to ..

7. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Thanks for the giggles while I try so hard to wait patiently. OMG my neck and back are already killing me! And yes there are nose smudges on the bator window! Progress is slow, the one that pipped at 1.30pm is just now starting again after a looooong rest. No zipping yet.

Another pipped at 4.30pm (EST) and nothing since. There's also an egg with a hair line crack and some rocking. It is going to be a long night!

8. lannabun

lannabun Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    indiana
    well lol when it starts to sip dont breath on the window you might fogg it up and miss it .. and sure the heck dont blink lol .. sorry i had to make u giggle also ..

9. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Congrats & Good luck on your hatch. I had one pip this afternoon and it just hatched! I'm excited these are from my own frizzle cochin pen. It's so cute can't wait to see it tomorrow when it's dry and fluffy.

10. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Hey AussieSharon,

How did your hatch turn out? I've been waiting for an update, hope it went well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by