i have a pip

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by elloyd, Sep 12, 2011.

1. elloyd

elloyd Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2010
    cottage grove
    ok so one of my six eggs has piped the little crack has now turned into a little hole i can see the chick moveing around in the egg do i need to help it orf just wait and see what happens how long does this usualy take

2. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

I can take several hours. I know it's really stressful! [​IMG] If you open the bator you run the risk of it drying out from low humidity. Spend some time researching the hatching info on this website and take lots of deep breaths! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Bantam Username

Bantam Username Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    Mine stayed like that for 24 hours, then just as I was thinking of helping it, it started to zip. [​IMG]

4. elloyd

Sep 24, 2010
    cottage grove
    ok so i guss i put a post up earlyer that i was on day 21 but i am not shure how this works i set the eggs at about 10 at night so is it not day 21 untill the time u set them because i have no action from the outher 5 eggs in the bator and could the fact that i am using a lg still air and the temps have been about 99 to 100 the whole hatch and am trying dry incubation delay the hatch at all i know i have alot of questions but this is only the second time doing thios and the first atemt last year was not a good one i only had 2 eggs out of 12 hatch

5. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Gaah!! Yay!! Haha, when I got my first pip I freaked out!! It was my first hatch and it was four days early and I was scarred!! Lol! Keep us updated!! And pics as/when it hatches!! [​IMG]

6. elloyd

Sep 24, 2010
    cottage grove
    ok so while i was waiting for the first egg to hatch i noteced that i had anouther pip by the time the sevond egg had a pip the first was starting to zip but the second one still beat the first one out of the egg . abouth a half hour later the first egg finaly made its way out of the egg but i dont think that it is going to make it it has not absorbed its yolk sack all the way and i dont know what to do still no pips from the outher eggs but i am hopeing atleast one more hatches this is so nerve racking i dont know what to do for the little one with the youlk sack i will post pics as soon as the bataries are charged [​IMG]:fl

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by