1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I HAVE A PIP!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kellim, Jul 14, 2008.

1. kellim

kellim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    Well, I just went in to check on the new baby from Saturday and glanced into the bator and guess what! I have a pip! This one seems to be in the right position and was due today, darn me and my forgetting even though the due date was written on the egg lol! Can't wait to meet the new baby!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    [​IMG]

3. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Yeah!!![​IMG]

4. kellim

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    And I thought I was actually going to go to bed early tonight...oh well...[​IMG] But of course watching it hatch is worth the lack of sleep [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Any hatches by this morning??? [​IMG]

6. c.wilson

c.wilson Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2008
    keep us posted. i want to see pics.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

let's see the cutie![​IMG]

8. kellim

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    lol Well I am still waiting lol! A little piece of the shell came off and I can see it moving around. I have been adding one tiny drop of water every few hours to the membrane under the shell because it is drying some, though my humidity is a 66 percent. I think it is drying so bad because of the small piece of shell that fell off. Still hasn't come through that membrane though but it is working on it. I did my calculations so today is day 21. So I am thinking it could still take a while. I will post pics as soon as it hatches!!!

9. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    It'll start zipping in no time now. I like to tap the top lightly once in a while if you haven't heard from them. Usually that will get them peeping again.

10. kellim

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    It has made it through the hole and is now sticking it's little beak out every few minutes. I go in there and tap on the top of the bator and it starts cheeping at me! Seems to still be going strong. Must just be one of those chicks that takes it's time!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by