I Have A Question about 2 Game Hens, Eggs & Possibly Going Broody?????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mourningdove, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    I have a trio of game birds in 1 pen, the 2 hens are both laying right now. I have been getting eggs from them about a month now [​IMG]
    So my question is, if I start leaving all the eggs they lay (they both lay in the same nest) will 1 of them decide to go broody for me? [​IMG]
    I am hoping they will. [​IMG]

2. Lollipop

Lollipop Chillin' With My Peeps

No doubt about it.

3. Mourningdove

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    [​IMG] I sure hope so [​IMG] About how long before I start seeing signs? What are the signs that one will? [​IMG]

4. ChuckenGirl

ChuckenGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2007
    Maryland :)
    well...
    do you mean OEG game hens?
    i tried that for mine but it took them a year to go broody, so sometimes it depends

5. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Not real sure leaving the eggs helps that much but it dont heart. Game hens go broody pretty often.

6. Mourningdove

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    yep that would be my breeds! 1 of them is bbred ........

7. durtywater

durtywater Out Of The Brooder

i have 6 game hens that i have to raise my big stock chickens....leave the game eggs till they go broody then put the big stock eggs n and 21 days later u have the best mother ever.....last year i had 1 hen go broody 3 times of course i took her chicks about 2 months of age..she raised 27 chicks her self:D[​IMG]

8. Mourningdove

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    Thanks so much for replies, I am still learning and need all the input I can get!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by