I have a question about a broody Muscovy

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by okiechick57, Dec 17, 2007.

1. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

I finally found out where my one female Muscovy has run off too..... UNDER my house [​IMG] she is broody I am assuming as she only comes out for water and food once a day......she has a nice cozy spot under our home (mobile)
    My question is this........do I leave her alone? aside from feed and water for her.........if she hatches them out , will they be okay?
    I COULD go under there.....really am not wanting to...and it doesnt bother me to leave her there., but wondering if there is anything I need to do.........and how long they take to hatch?

2. okiechick57

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooo [​IMG]

3. ae50mag

ae50mag Chillin' With My Peeps

she knows what to do, this time of year she is probally safer there than any where else. if the home is underpinned. just leave her alone. and should hatch is around 36 days. they take a little longer than reg ducks.. she will come out as she needs to. you could place the food and water a alittle closer for her for the time being..
    it is cold but the babies will stay close. if you can get them when they hatch, it would be wise to contain them indoors, barn outbuilding and such..
    good luck
    frank

Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  4. Dodgegal79

Dodgegal79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Princeton BC Canada
    Muscovys are really good moms, you shouldn't have to worry.

5. okiechick57

Thanks all............ how exciting for me [​IMG] I put food and water right where she comes and goes.....and if I can get them after hatch I will move them inside......do they need her inside? I am glad to hear Muscovy ducks are good moms [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by