I have (at least partially) converted a horse barn into a chicken barn. I still have many plans that include windows and seperate runs for each breed. One of the horse stalls was used as a tack room and feed storage area. It had a lot of moldy hay in it, but since it was the biggest stall, I wired it off to use as a baby pen. All the hay was raked out and I used pine shavings for bedding. I have many of those babies who are having infected eyes and runny noses, and I have lost quite a lot of them. I have tried different medicines and nothing seems to work. I have moved them to a different stall, where hay was not stored. My question is...could there be enough mold spores flying around to cause this problem?? How do I eliminate them and get my babies well. I really need to be able to use that stall in the future. A friend suggested I wash the walls down with bleach water..I can do that but the floor is dirt..so what do I do about that?? I was wondering if lime would help any.