1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I have a question about my golden.

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by peewee, Nov 13, 2008.

1. peewee

peewee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    I bought this guy at a flea market around 6 months ago. I felt so sorry for him because he was in a too small cage with one other pheasant and both had bald spots and no tails. Who ever cut there wing absolutely butchered them because he had blood under his wings. Well he has put on weight and has feathered out great. He went threw one molt and this is him now. I have been looking threw the other posts about goldens and the pictures are beautiful.
    My question is this - My boy doesn't look like some of the others that I have seen on here. He does not have all the royal blue on his back.
    Do you think that he is a mix? Could it be that he is still young and has not colored up yet? Or is he a strain of golden that does not get the blue??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rileysgranny

rileysgranny Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2008
    Tennessee, USA
    I don't know any thing about 'em, but what a BEAUTIFUL bird.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  3. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Wow!!! Beautiful Pheasant!!! [​IMG]

I am sure someone on here knows the answer to that.

4. Sebrightmom

Sebrightmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Greencastle, IN
    He is beautiful. I don't know much about them sorry.

5. 1Speckled Hen w/Chicks

1Speckled Hen w/Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    NC
    Bumping up for you-As I do not kow about these--
    Mix or not--he is one handsome fellow(thanks to you)!!!----and you are a great soul for adopting him!
    Wish I could find one like that!

6. WA23

WA23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2008
    Northwest WA State
    That has got to be one of the MOST beautiful birds I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing.

7. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I dont think he is a cross, he lookes sunbleached. I noticed when my yellow golden cock was out in the sun too long he got all dull.

8. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    gorgeous bird!!! sorry i can't be of help abotu his color though!

9. peewee

peewee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    Thank you!!! You guys are going to make me blush!![​IMG]
    I had to put him in a large parrot cage that I had until he got allot better. Every day I went out to feed and water him I would talk to him and tell him he was a pretty bird. One day I came out to feed him and he met me at the door and started to (coo?). I was so happy. He started to eat out of my hand not long after that. My hunny built him an 8'x8'x8' pen out close to the chicken coop and even to this day he is the first one to meet me at the door when I come out. Not quite at tame as he was when he was in the parrot cage but, he still eats out of my hand and has taught the girls that I found for him to do the same.

10. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:awh so cute!!! he's a lucky boy! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by