I have a rant - BYC Advertising

Big Doggie

Songster
Mar 23, 2020
Mass
I know advertising money is welcome to help support a web site. BUT does it have to be an advertisement for meat birds in a casserole? Sorry but I don’t like it. Can’t Purina, Nutrena, and other farm product companies find an audience here on BYC that would be less provocative to people who don’t raise or eat birds?
Maybe I’m alone on this but had to say something at least once.

Thank you for your comments, and we're sorry you saw an ad that you felt was inappropriate.

BUT does it have to be an advertisement for meat birds in a casserole?
We don't have the ability to review or approve the ads, so please take a screenshot of it and send it to me for review in a private conversation.

Keep in mind, a lot of our ads are served by partners like Google, who do user-specific targeting... so you may see an ad that no other members are seeing.

Can’t Purina, Nutrena, and other farm product companies find an audience here on BYC that would be less provocative to people who don’t raise or eat birds?
Yup, we'd LOVE it if chicken-specific companies were willing to fill all of our advertising space, but that's just never been possible, and the fact has been exacerbated by Covid-19 and more and more advertisers reducing or dropping advertising all together.

So, to restate: if you see an ad that is inappropriate, please send me a screenshot and I'll see if we can get it blocked.

I know advertising money is welcome to help support a web site. BUT does it have to be an advertisement for meat birds in a casserole? Sorry but I don’t like it. Can’t Purina, Nutrena, and other farm product companies find an audience here on BYC that would be less provocative to people who don’t raise or eat birds?
Maybe I’m alone on this but had to say something at least once.
Thanks guys

Yes I know there is a meat bird forum and I don’t criticize people who meat bird farmers. I just wish the ads from Cobb weren’t so prevalent
See, I've never gotten one from them that I know of. Right now I have Target (back to school shopping), a new phone, and hair styling stuff. I don't have kids, don't need a new phone and don't buy them with plans anyway, and don't style my hair... but I don't complain.

Just curious, what do you do when you go to the grocery store? Lots of meat in pictures there...

See, I've never gotten one from them that I know of. Right now I have Target (back to school shopping), a new phone, and hair styling stuff. I don't have kids, don't need a new phone and don't buy them with plans anyway, and don't style my hair... but I don't complain.

Just curious, what do you do when you go to the grocery store? Lots of meat in pictures there...
Are you trying to provoke? I said I don’t criticize meat bird growers. If that’s your thing do it.
Why don’t you style your hair?

Are you trying to provoke? I said I don’t criticize meat bird growers. If that’s your thing do it.
Why don’t you style your hair?
I don't have chickens at all and my 1 pigeon would be a very sad meal, but, that said, I do eat meat and if you get upset about seeing adds for food made with chicken on a forum that is mostly about chickens including a big section on eating them then I was honestly curious as to how you handle life seeing as meat is a thing that people eat and it will be in images everywhere, heck, even some salad dressing has chicken on the label as a suggested serving method...

Honestly, I'm lazy. I brush it, pull it back in a pony tail, and at work I throw it up on the back of my head with a claw clip because it's down to my butt and we aren't allowed to have hair that touches our collar. I don't consider that "styling" my hair as the only products I use on it are shampoo, conditioner, spray conditioner to keep static down between washings, and detangler (actually made for horses not people). I don't curl, straighten, cut creatively, brush in such a way as to fluff it, or add hairspray. Basically if it is clean, reasonably free of tangles and out of my face that's all I really worry about.

My adds today are power cords, State Farm auto insurance, and toothpaste... lol I do use all of the above except I don't use State Farm for my auto insurance, I also don't buy that brand of toothpaste (Actually I use tooth powder not paste)

Back
Top Bottom