1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I have a rooster that I cannot identify the breed.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bantamfantom, Jan 12, 2011.

1. bantamfantom

bantamfantom Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2011
    We picked up this rooster as a chick, and he turned into something that I don't know. Not very chicky saavy. anyways he is a big beautiful bird and I don't know what he is. He is in with my barred rock hens. can't, or don't know how to post a pic.

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  3. bantamfantom

Jan 12, 2011
    Apparently I cannnot post pic . I uploaded the picture, but what to do next? Too new of a member.

4. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    if you could describe him a bit, or PM me the picture that would help.

5. Hillsvale

Hillsvale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2009
    Hillsvale, Nova Scotia
    down at the bottom of the screen when you see your upload there is a button which says "my uploads"

go there, find your picture and the link, copy and past. Voila... pretty roo picture

6. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Quote:Yes, unfortunately due to spamming, brand new members can't post pics or links ..

Go introduce yourself on the new member list.. post a few replies .. and before you know it, you'll be in like flynn..

Welcome!

7. bantamfantom

Jan 12, 2011
    He is large, looks like a Rhode Island red rooster with a different comb, and a dappled breast. very pretty guy. His comb is the pea comb I believe, or maybe the strawberry? see I don't know much. I have them for pets. I have 15 total. 6 golden seabrights, 5 dutch light browns 3 of which are roosters, a white-ish bantam rooster with carmel colored feathers on head neck and wings. the unknown rooster (Rocky), and his two Barred hens.

8. bantamfantom

Jan 12, 2011
    I also have 2 full sized horses, two mini horses, 5 dogs, and unknown number of barn cats.
    Animal lover to the core. Hubby says I can't have any more animals.

9. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    what color ears?

10. bantamfantom

Jan 12, 2011
    He has red everything. Beautiful long feathers drapping his back. He was in a barred rock pullet chick pen at the store, the hubby wanted him because he looked different than the other 100 chicks in there, so I scooped him up knowing full well that he wasn't a barred rock pullet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by