I have a serious case of egg fever!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CDennis, Jan 4, 2011.

1. CDennis

CDennis Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Idaho
    I will be starting my first hatch this week and only one of my hens is laying so I am getting some eggs from Sonew123 and another local lady. The bator is on and I am in a holding pattern for a few more days. I can't stop thinking about hatching, its a serious case of egg fever and I'm pretty sure my DH would have never said yes to the Brinsea if he realized it may run non-stop for the next year..[​IMG] I can only imagine my condition during lock down [​IMG] and then hopefully a successful hatch [​IMG]. But for now, its just a serious case of egg fever. [​IMG]

2. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    [​IMG] Congratulations. Hatching vibes are headed your way.. Yes, hatching can drive you mildly insane at times. But the worst news is, it is a sickness. A sickness that that can only be cured by more hatching. In 21 days, you will be an addict. Welcome to the darkside... Mwuaahahaaaa

3. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    I know this feeling. Put my 1st eggs ever in on the 31st of dec. know i am waiting and worrying and praying. we only did 10 eggs to start. i am scared to death they won't hatch. i think about them all the time. welcome to the club.

4. KateBeauchemin

KateBeauchemin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Hi my name is Kate, and I'm an addict.

6 maran mixes hatched today, and 4 more dozen maran eggs due in 11 days.

We have a club, and jackets, and meet on here often, LOL

I hate having the fever so early, but It helps me with the winter blahs.

Hope you get lots of little ones! Blessings!

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

You are NOT alone. Look at this forum!!!! It's a busy one!

6. CDennis

CDennis Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Idaho
    Quote:[​IMG] we really should have jackets [​IMG] some covert egg addict lingo.
    Like "REHA" rabid egg hatchers anonymous [​IMG]

7. gitlost80

gitlost80 Trigger Pullet

Mar 27, 2009
    Reno/Sparks
    Yep, my first babies are due the 11. It has been the longest wait in my life,besides the last 3 weeks of my own sons births. I used to have a cute pointed nose, but have noticed the slight resemblance to a piglet. Could it be from the constant pressing against the Bator window? Maybe. Waiting for peeps is just as hard as dieting...maybe harder.

8. Sumatra503

Sumatra503 Kozy Orchard Farms

Sep 24, 2010
    I remember my first hatch. 6th grade Science Fair Project. 4 out of 20 and a temp spike of 110F. Now I'm a 7 year veteran!

I just got done hatching and now I have 40 eggs coming in the mail in a week.

9. JAHVREM

JAHVREM Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2009
    i am so glad to find friends, fellow hatching addicts. have 2 bators ready, 1 set of eggs went in on 1/1/11, another set of eggs tomorrow. bugging hubby to fire up LARGE bator, he sniffs, says too soon....i am already staring in there! rejoice, fellow hatchers, you are not alone!

10. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Oh man, last spring I had the incubator FULL, and every time it would empty, I had even MORE eggs to fill it in. I had a hatching marathon for about 4 months. [​IMG]

- And they were ALL eggs I paid for and had shipped to my house. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by