I Have A Suede And Meg Baby ! ! !

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by kathyinmo, Dec 25, 2009.

1. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

YES, I'M YELLING ... oooohh, sorry... I'm just soooo excited! It hatched! Meg's egg .... it hatched! Suede is the daddy! Merry Christmas to me! To coin a phrase someone said ... the gift that unwraps itself!

No... no picture yet ... she just popped out, just a minute ago. I must allow her to dry and fluff up, before her debut' ....

Anyone wanna guess what color she is?

Here is a thread I will get to add to .... as soon as I have a picture!
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=161463&p=1

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Any other eggs of hers in there?

She throws some real different colored chicks.... and the boys have tree trunks for legs.

3. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Ooooooooooo Congrats Kathy!

4. kathyinmo

I do not have any other eggs of Meg's. Just this one, and I am SOOO happy! I have 4 BBS eggs that don't seem to be doing anything. That really disappoints me! [​IMG]

OK, I am gonna go get a picture.

5. Mahonri

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    one thing about it, they aren't sex links and you can end up with barring of all things in that combo...

...weird.

6. kathyinmo

Darn, I can't really get a good picture. I was looking for those tree trunk legs, and can't really see them. Hey .... maybe Meg threw a girl this time!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Mahonri

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    That one will be pretty... now will it be barred or black with golden flecks on the breast????

I'm guessing the later and I'm also guessing pullet.

Keep me informed.

8. kathyinmo

It looks really blue .... silvery shine while wet. I wonder if it will look just like the daddy!

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Wow, Mahonri is correct! She throws black and gold, red and blue, and on rare occasion, barred chicks (Suede has a barring gene in his bloodline from Sandhill Preservation).

Here is one of Meg's daughters, owned by crazyhen (I'm sure the owners won't mind me posting pics of my grandchicks)

[​IMG]

Here is one of Meg's sons, Traveler, owned by pumpkinpup:

[​IMG]

And here is Random, very well-named the day lockedhearts picked him up. Meg and Suede did produce this baby. Threw me off completely, but Buster in Idaho also got a barred chick from one of Suede's sons:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  10. kathyinmo

I'm still at work, but will be home in a couple hours. Then, I will try to get a good picture to post.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by