1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

I have a young pilgrim goose that is laying eggs to give away.

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by bluejeans, Mar 22, 2018.

1. bluejeans

bluejeans Songster

Jul 25, 2012
    New Mexico
    She located in Western New Mexico Carton county. She would like a home with some one who has a gander so she can raise Goslings.

TwoCrows and Rondack like this.
  2. bluejeans

bluejeans Songster

Jul 25, 2012
    New Mexico
    That should have said Catron county, sorry about that. Now they will raise my taxes for calling it "cartoon " county.

Miss Lydia likes this.
  3. Rondack

Rondack Songster

Feb 21, 2015
    Upstate NY
    I am about to buy a few geese. I at first wanted pilgrims but then they turned out to be too expensive, but, if you give me yours I could buy a gander and that way have pilgrims after all! Although I live in upstate NY I have some friends that visit NM quite often, they could pick-up the goose.

4. Rondack

Rondack Songster

Feb 21, 2015
    Upstate NY
    Could you post a picture?

5. Rondack

Rondack Songster

Feb 21, 2015
    Upstate NY
    Can I have the goose?

6. bluejeans

bluejeans Songster

Jul 25, 2012
    New Mexico
    Yes ! I live off highway 32 west side of road 1 mile from Quemado N.M ...There a what about Jesus . com sign and a wood barn and that my drive way house is about 1/4 mile up my drive way

7. bluejeans

bluejeans Songster

Jul 25, 2012
    New Mexico
    There is only 3 places on west side of road on highway 32 near highway 60 and town of Quemado so you should not have trouble finding it.

8. Rondack

Rondack Songster

Feb 21, 2015
    Upstate NY
    It might take me a while to find someone who would be willing to drive a while with a goose in the car..... In the end I might just ask you to ship it (of course I pay for shipping).

9. bluejeans

bluejeans Songster

Jul 25, 2012
    New Mexico
    I would rather see you spend your money on some pilgrim goslings from country hatchery in Oklahoma .. As i think it would be a lot cheaper for you. Geese are are heavy. I would not have the right carton to even ship one that far.

10. Rondack

Rondack Songster

Feb 21, 2015
    Upstate NY
    At the post office you could probably get a flat rate box. I think it would cost more to buy goslings than to ship (with flat-rate).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: