I have about 40 to go, PU in East WA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Napalongtail, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Napalongtail

Napalongtail Longtail Longtimer

Jan 31, 2007
    NE Washington
    ok the final cull list is in. I have the following for sale: 1 very smutty, but sweet white laced red bantam cornish hen (nov 06) $5,
    1 bq mille pair (nov 06) $20 (sold!),
    Silver phoenix quad all from 3/06 hatch (sold! Thank You fdnick:),
    2 pair bantam cornish dark laced,$5 each or $20 for the group hatched 5/06,
    Silkies all breeder quality/show prospects: 2 white silkie cockerals,2black silkie pullets,1 black silkie cockeral,1white silkie pullet ( sale pending), and 2 mature cuckoo roosters. $10 each on the pullets and $25 for the roosters and cockerals as that is what their feathers will bring to the flytying markets [​IMG] !
    1 mature silver phoenix rooster from 08/06 very nice, but salmon in the wings Sold!! Thank You fdnick [​IMG]
    1 white phoenix hen 05 darn it she molted $5 Sold! tthank You fdnick
    then I have 18 cockerals 8 in the silver tones, 3 blue tones, 5 dark BBR , 1 straw backed, and 1 SDW. $25 each live $40 packaged for flytying feathers.
    I will be happy to e-mail individual pics after the 11th as we will be away at a show. Please don't just ask for pictures as i am on very slow dial up and it is quite time consuming.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  2. Sherriekim

Sherriekim Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Southwest Idaho
    I don't suppose you have any reason to be heading to the Boise, Idaho area anytime soon, even part way? [​IMG] I'd love to take the silkie pullets and the white Phoenix hen, couple others I wouldn't mind having, as well, just have to take a look at budget and space to see what I can squeeze in as I'm already ordering a few chickens from Ideal today. I've been trying to think of a reason why we suddenly need to take a trip to Spokane as hubby would be fine with "hey, while we in Spokane, let's pick up some chickens" but I'm quite sure "let's drive up to Spokane just to pick up some chickens" would get me another one of those "have you gone chicken crazy?!" looks. Well, I doubt you really have any reason to come this way, but I just couldn't help myself. I had to at least ask. [​IMG]

3. Napalongtail

Jan 31, 2007
    NE Washington
    Nope ,but I have a sister up in Meridian that would probably love to take a road trip with you. She loves chickens too, but there'd be no way her hubby would let her just drive up for a chicken run. I'll call and bug her see if she's planning on making her way up before the snow falls.

4. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    Went to Napalongtails yesterday afternoon,.. WHAT BEAUTIFUL BIRDS :O)
    We ended up with the silver hens, the white hen and Tarzan the adult silver roo.. ALSO ended up with 4 male pheaseants I believe she said they were roughneck.. WOW!! what amazing colors.. reds, goldens and a couple darker ones, will post photos on our website today.. anyhoo folks.. NICE BIRDS!! Anyhoo If your looking for any thats the place to go :O) (ps.. her show stock is amazing)
    Denna

5. Napalongtail

Jan 31, 2007
    NE Washington
    Thank You fdnick, It was great meeting a fellow BYC-er. Those roughnecks are truely known as Red goldens and lady amhearst pheasants. I'm just glad I didn't have to butcher them as they truely are beautiful creatures. Good Luck with your group and keep us posted. [​IMG]

6. Sherriekim

Sherriekim Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Southwest Idaho
    Well, it looks like by the time I could maybe make arrangements to pick up any of your chickens, the ones I want will be all gone. Bummer for me, but good for you. [​IMG] If you talk to your sister, tell her she needs to get on the forum and say Hi. I feel like I'm all alone down here in Boise (actually, I live in Kuna, but unless your familar with the area, nobody knows where Kuna is) and I know there are a ton of people with chickens in this area. I'm going to post an add for a Polish rooster and two hens for sale/trade, maybe that will get some of the locals to come out of hiding! I'll get ahold of you in a couple of weeks and maybe I can get some silkie and phoenix eggs from you when they become available. At least we can ship those fairly easily and not to far to go. Thanks for your reply and good luck at the fair!

7. Napalongtail

Jan 31, 2007
    NE Washington
    Update from the last month

WEll spent August and this first week of september doing show stuff. Built 16 quarentine pens, then attended two fair shows with 20 birds and my 4 boys. We kicked some major butt!!
    White Phoenix cockeral 11 mos, best large fowl reserve best of show. Best of breed
    Bantam mottled cochins pair 6 mos , best feather foot and best bantam and best of breed and reserve breed
    Mille d'uccle pair: Best of breed and reserve breed
    White silkie best of breed, reserve feather foot
    BBR phoenix cock reserve breed
    Grand champion junior showmanship, Grand Champion novice showmanship
    The state fair went equally well with..
    White Phoenix cock best of breed, reserve champion AOSB
    Golden Phoenix cockeral Reserve breed
    Blond Mahogany Blue phoenix first
    White silkie Pullet Best of Variety, reserve breed
    Black silkie hen Best of breed
    Bantam dark cornish cockeral Best of breed, reserve AOCCL
    Bantam dark cornish Pullet Reserve breed
    Blue andalusian pullet Best of breed
    Giant white cochin cockeral First
    Reserve Grand showmanship Junior
    Reserve grand champion showmanship senior
    Think that was a quick run down all the birds did great and the boys had a blast they also got a huge first place herdsmanship award banner.

So whats still available? Phoenix cockerals $25 and up still have about 20 total
    Silkies son says he has about 12 left black, whites and cukoos $10 pets $15 and up on the show prospects
    I can put together a couple pairs of the dark cornish bantams they are finally feathered enough to tell who's who [​IMG]
    Fatty Patty the white laced red cornish hen $5
    And 1 Mature BBR rooster with a beautiful long tail. I've decided to use one of his sons instead.

8. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Where are you located in east wa?
    Christina

9. Napalongtail

Jan 31, 2007
    NE Washington
    Deer Park about 30 minutes north of Spokane

10. yoshi xii

yoshi xii Out Of The Brooder