I have all Different breed of Hen, Can my Bantom Rooster mate with my black star hen or my cornish

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickenw12, Jan 10, 2015.

1. chickenw12

chickenw12 New Egg

Jan 10, 2015
    Can My Rooster mate with an easter egger ,Black star, or cornish hem

2. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Overrun With Chickens

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    The restrictions would be if roo was to short to reach. To put things into perspective, would a chihuahua have difficulty mating with a Great dane. You will end up with chickens all mixed and as I refer to " mutts " But that is not a bad situation except if you wanted to enter shows. You may end up with some one of a kind beauties that will be good to you. BEST WISHES
    [​IMG]

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Bantam rooster can mate with standard sized hens, although depending on the specific breeds and how big they are, it can be quite challenging for them. As cavemanrich said, the offspring will simply be barnyard mutts.

4. chickenw12

chickenw12 New Egg

Jan 10, 2015
    mine arent for shows just for teaching people about chickens

5. Akrnaf2

Akrnaf2 The educated Rhino Premium Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Center of Israel
    You must keep in mind that the opposite situation, when a standard size rooster mates white bantam hen it can produce an embryo that is to big for a bantam size egg and it can die inside!

6. chickenw12

chickenw12 New Egg

Jan 10, 2015
    its a bantam Rooster not hen my hens are not bantoms

7. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    My bantam Cochin mates fine with my standard hens. It really depends on the individual rooster but I find even the really tiny guys can pull off fertilization much to my surprise!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by