I have alot of planting to do today......

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Hoosiermomma, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    [​IMG]
    I sweet talked the guy at Lowe's out of all these for $30. If I go back again today or tomorrow I can have another cart full for $25. Hmmmmm I guess I'll be going back. [​IMG]

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    [​IMG]

that looks like too much work to me [​IMG]

3. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    Pretty!! You can take a pumpkin and cut off the top and scrape the insides to use as a flower pot for mums. It is so pretty in the fall. I sit them on my doorsteps.

I have some planting to do this weekend, if we don't get rained out....

I just found a sister site of BYC...A FLOWER SITE!!

http://www.theeasygarden.com I am SO excited! I just joined it!

4. Hoosiermomma

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    LOL....that's my way of releasing some nervous energy waiting for my one chick to pip and then zip.....[​IMG]

5. Hoosiermomma

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Quote:Great idea!!!!!!! I have some that I was going to pick today. OOOh then I can roast the seeds tonight!!!![​IMG]

6. muddypuddles

muddypuddles Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    [​IMG] THAT is a seriously good deal! and the plants look to be in really good condition. How did you do it?

7. elijahboy

elijahboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    goose creek sc
    How do you manage that at that big a company. Are these like old plants or something. I had no clue you could bargain at Lowes. But if you can Im a cheapscape and will sure try.

Quote:

8. Hoosiermomma

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Well this time of year most places want to get rid of their summer stock. When you go to places like Lowes, Home Depot etc, and you see those 3 shelf carts full of reduced plants you usually can talk to the manager or whomever else is in charge of the department and ask if they'll take whatever amount you feel is fair for what's on the cart. It hasn't worked every time but this is the second time I have been able to get a whole cart full. They would rather unload the plants than have to go through the whole trying to get credit process. At least this way they are getting money! [​IMG] And you can't be too choosey about what you get. These look fairly decent but the mums need to be dead headed and the buses aren't in bloom but to me that doesn't matter. I'll put them in, they'll look nice for awhile but the real prize is when they come back in the spring. [​IMG]
    It certainly can't hurt to try!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2009
  9. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:So glad you and SarahFair joined! [​IMG] Tried to PM you, but your inbox is full.

10. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Thanks for the tips, wow, you really scored! [​IMG]

Now how can I drag you into www.theeasygarden.com ? Or are you already a member? Lots of 'chicken tenders" are!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by