I have an addiction!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ashlesmommy, Apr 17, 2012.

1. NO! I have too many.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. YES! I can't stop.

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. Hatching my own.

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. Undecided

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ashlesmommy

ashlesmommy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2010
    We have a lot of chickens that are about 2 years old and decided we were not getting enough eggs.

About a month ago we ended up with 20 chickens... 4 ameraucanas and 16 rhode island & newhampshire reds.

THEN....decided we needed turkeys, ducks & what the heck, why not add a pair of geese?! [​IMG]

I was really excited when I got the order in last week from Cackle Hatchery. We ended up with 6 ducks, 2 geese, 5 turkeys & 15 bantams (cochins, silkies & D'Uccles) +1 extra. We ended up losing the male goose and 3 turkeys [​IMG]

We really wanted a second goose so when I called with what did not make it I was told to reship another one I had to order 15 ducks, geese and/or turkeys. I ended up doing 5 more ducks, 8 more turkeys and 2 more geese!! [​IMG] I am crossing my fingers that everything will make it this time.

Sticking with true chicken math, I then ordered 10 frizzles from Ideal! I have no clue what I will do with a total of 26 bantams & I am hoping I don't end up with too many roos! I am also thinking I should probably stay off of the computer for awhile.

Am I the only crazy one?!?

2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    You won the award for most addicted.....that is a lot of poultry. I wish I could get such a wide verity like you.

3. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Wow, I lost count half way through! Sounds like you have a busy summer ahead of you :)

BTW, I think you need another option in you poll: "no, I promised my spouse/significant other and unfortunately s/he remembers that promise." Next year though I'm not making any promises ;)

4. ashlesmommy

Apr 11, 2010
    Oh man, I was afraid I was going to hear that!! [​IMG]

My parents and my family split everything so technically we only have 1/2!! LOL I am hoping to use the bantams for 4-H projects between my 3 children and my 3 younger brothers.

5. ashlesmommy

Apr 11, 2010
    Oh man!! Dang promises... Surprisingly when I told my husband I really wanted to order another male goose he told me "better get 2 in case another dies" I was kind of shocked but I know I have pushed my limits and need to be done!

6. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    I'd love to see pictures of your flock when you have time - what an adventure!

7. m.r.heavenlyhens

m.r.heavenlyhens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2011
    That is just too funny!! [​IMG] I cannot talk though, I started three years ago with 6 hens and then the addiction hit. Never enough and had to try all different breeds!! I now have a lot of chickens and am buying eggs on here to hatch!!!! I can say that I enjoy the chickens more than anything else.[​IMG] Welcome to the club!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by