I have anbother broody

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sheila3935, Jun 13, 2011.

1. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Yesterday after work went to take care of the chickens and noticed one of my DD's D'Anvers in the nesting box. When I went to pyut them up she was still in there. So i petted her and she puffed up and screamed at me. Ok momma I'll leave you be. So this morning she was still there yep broody. She is setting on I think 4 eggs. I have 2 dozen plus 5 of my neighbors eggs to put in the incubator. Wish I could just put them under her [​IMG] I hope 4 are not too much for her she is really tiny and they are bantam eggs. I'm gonna move her tonight after dark to the broody coop. She is in the bantams favorite nesting box. Wish me luck I'm not sure of the fertility. The roos are cochins. Will be interesting what mix I get out of this. Right now I have 2 D'Anvers and a cochin girl in there.

2. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Good luck!

3. Crabella

Crabella Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Inland Pacific NW
    we will be doing this [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Well I moved her the nest box and all then lifted her up and set her eggs down then her on the eggs. One egg was not under her so I pushed it under but not before she gave me a few pecks. I can see she is not going to be as easy going as my aussie was. [​IMG] But she settled down on them, so far so good.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by