1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I have Awesome Neighbors! **Pics**

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Bec, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I have the best neighbors! Aside from them being sweet and thoughtful people, they love my animals! They were very excited when I got my first chickens and even excited when I got my roosters! I share my eggs with them all the time!
    I made them a Pumpkin Roll and wrapped it up as a Christmas Gift for them, put the jackets on the kids and sent them over with the roll and a dozen eggs! (they live a couple of acres over) They came back with gifts from them! She hand made me a set of rooster pillows and hand made each kid a pillow case! Last year she made me a chicken/rooster table runner to match my kitchen! I LOVE my neighbors!

My pillows!
    [​IMG]

My son's pillow case
    [​IMG]

My daughters pillow case!
    [​IMG]

2. chickenbuddy

chickenbuddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Man, you sure are blessed!

3. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    I want neighbors like that!

4. Sebrightmom

Sebrightmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Greencastle, IN
    It is wonderful to have Neighbors like that. I love all the gifts.

5. Bec

I have to keep them in my bedroom because I don't want the naughty dog to eat them! (She owns the naughty dog's sister) They are beautiful and she knows my taste I guess!!

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    You are blessed.

7. Bec

I believe I am! [​IMG]

8. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Wow, thats very sweet of BOTH of you. I LOVE the pillows...AND the pillow cases. I bet the kids are happy with them as well.

9. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

I've found either you have really crappy neighbors or really great super neighbors. Ours are of the super variety. One is a landscaper. He charges most people $25 per time plowing their driveway or mowing their lawn. For over 30 years, he's done my parents lawn and driveway for free. He's NEVER asked once for payment, though Mom and Dad always give him gifts, etc for doing it though.

Those are really cool gifts!!

10. Bec

I have found that too! The neighbor that owns the land in between us is a real jerk butt. He has a problem with everyone and everything. Luckily he doesn't have a house there, he just comes by everyday to take care of his "guard dogs".

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by