1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I HAVE BABIES HATCHING!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by peepsnbunnies, Jul 31, 2007.

1. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I have 5 Showgirl eggs in the bator and today in day 20. Two of the have already hatched and two more have pipped! Not sure about the last one, maybe it just need more time. YAYYY Babies! I will try to post pics later.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Woohoo!!! More baby pics!! I can never get enough! Congrats on the hatching!

3. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Wonderful! Congrats! [​IMG]

4. Motherhenandflock

Motherhenandflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Southeast Idaho
    Oh, it is so exciting to hear of everyone's hatchings! Yes, try to get pics soon![​IMG]

5. peepsnbunnies

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Look at these babies!!!! I took these pics a little while ago. The third one is almost out now and the one that is pipped is steady working on getting out. The fifth egg I can't tell, there may be a pip on the bottom where I can't see, but I have not checked. I will just let it be for now. They are not due to hatch until tomorrow anyway. See how the chick is pecking a line around the egg? (Zipping)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    OH!!! CUTE!! CUTE!!! CUTE!!!!!! [​IMG] Now I really want Showgirls! What color do you think they are going to be?? Maybe splash?? YAY! And good luck with the rest! [​IMG]

7. Motherhenandflock

Motherhenandflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Southeast Idaho
    [​IMG]

Yes, I was reading about the zipping thing. This is way too cool! I gotta lay down.[​IMG]

8. barg

barg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    grats on the new chicks [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. peepsnbunnies

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    They will be white. They always hatch with that reddish color on the wings and head. I am sure it is blood from the veins in the egg. It comes off in the first day or two. Here is a pic of my hen Phyllis and her 5 babies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Isn't Phyllis lovely? She is a very good Mom too.

Lisa

10. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok ,thats it ! I have to get some showgirls......... all there is too it.......... can't resist now, just MUST have them........... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by