I HAVE BABIES!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mudderhen, Aug 15, 2008.

1. mudderhen

mudderhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    Oh, Yea me!!! I have been waiting for what seems like forever for my blue orp. eggs to come and then hatch. Well, I gat a wonderful surprise this morning when I got up... My bator was chirping! When I looked inside, I had a little blue baby! As of now, I have two babies(I actually got to watch the second one hatch), and I have six more eggs that have pipped today! Like a proud mama, i've taken lots of pics, so I will try to download some of them.... Sorry but I am so excited I just had to share the latest of the fuzzy butt news with everyone!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ChooksinIowa

ChooksinIowa Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2008
    Van Meter, Iowa
    Hooray! So exciting for you! Congratulations! I can't wait until that happens for me someday...

3. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    Congrats!!!! [​IMG]

Pictures too please!

4. mudderhen

Apr 27, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    Oh, my goodness! I just looked and I have three in the bator just hatched!!! I have 4 babies now, and waiting on three more!!! These babies are from Korfus Kluckers. Thanks Christina!!

5. ChooksinIowa

ChooksinIowa Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2008
    Van Meter, Iowa
    OMG, I just LOVE the pictures of those little fluffballs. Totally adorable! Lucky, lucky you! I want to reach through my screen and just pick them up and give them a snuggle. FABulous!

6. porteryork

porteryork Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    Oh Mudder, I am so happy for you. I just love my two blue orps. You will have to come see them. Lori and I were waiting on chicks today, but they didn't come. I have my fingers crossed.......

Welcome to the world little chickies!

7. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. emandmikey

emandmikey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    Wake Forest, NC
    They are SO cute! I love the picture of the one half-in the shell still!!! I've never seen a chick hatch, and I'm not brave enough to try hatching my own... so these picture are SO cute!

9. mudderhen

Apr 27, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    Thanks y'all. Korfus gave me so many eggs, I gave some of them to Missouri chick cause I didn't have room in the bator. Hers are due to hatch next week. I have four babies and four that are pipped. Missouri chick gave me some serama eggs, and one made it out of those. His name is "Prince Chirping", and he is two inches tall and bullet proof.

I can tell you all that I am very impressed with Christinas eggs. They traveled cross country from Washington state to Northeast Georgia the week of July 21st, and I will have 8 babies that I know of right now, maybe more. None were broken, and I have had this many make it. This is my first attempt at hatching orps, and I have heard that they are hard to hatch, but WOW!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by