I have baby-itis

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by 6chickens in St. Charles, Aug 5, 2011.

1. 6chickens in St. Charles

6chickens in St. Charles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    [​IMG]

These hatched on July 30! I have pregnant co-workers, pretty young things in the throes of pregnancy and new life, I catch baby-itis every time I have to work close to them....
    its just soooo easy to get a baby fix by letting a broody hatch an egg or two, then I'm all [​IMG] with the new babies! But look! Two are WHITE! I don't have any white chickens! I wonder how these will turn out? Maybe pale, silver laced blues? Oh this is so much fun. Thank God for babies.

One didn't hatch right, even that was good. Now my children appreciate hospice care. That chick lived and died well. It's All Good.

The blue looks like a rooster to me. I bet he's gorgeous. Now I'm already planning his own pen, with his own little flock............. now that I have a good number of wee little bantam chickens, I can divide them up a bit. Maybe add somebody new.........

2. BovieVei

BovieVei Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2011
    Walnut Creek, CA
    They are sooo cute! Keep us posted!

3. 6chickens in St. Charles

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    25 days old:

[​IMG]

I'm calling him Jimmy Neutron for that 'do. If he's a hen, somebody suggested Jackie-O, for the pouffy hairdo [​IMG] , but what about those bellbottom pants?!

4. 6chickens in St. Charles

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    Two white chicks, one looks like a Silkie:
    [​IMG]

5. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    [​IMG] Congrats! They are adorable!

6. 6chickens in St. Charles

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    the black one has a white bottom and a white bib. DH calls it "kitty". It's too fast to get a good photo !

7. 6chickens in St. Charles

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    [​IMG]
    These chicks are 5 weeks old! The blue one is almost certainly a hen chick. The lavender/opal white smooth one is doing rooster behaviors. The black one acts henny.

They used to be these chicks:
    [​IMG]

...and one of them is a fancy little white Silkie! Does some rooster behaviors, but some henny. Still don't get how this white/opal Silkie happened:
    [​IMG]

I'm really feeling God's blessings.

And, this forum makes it easy for me to watch our progress and update myself, almost like a scrapbook, only no paper or tape required!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  8. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    cute!

9. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

so cute...I love seeing the progress from chick to awkward teenager to adult...it's a lot of fun cause sometimes they are so cute, then soooo ugly, then soooo handsome! thanks for the pics....I think I love silkies but have never had one before!

10. BerthasMommy

BerthasMommy Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2011
    Southeast Texas
    I am going to pick up my first silkie tomorrow a rooster!! I am so excited they are the cutest things in the world....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by