I have been in Hospital and UPDATE ON HATCH PICS PICS PICS

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BamaChicken, Jan 24, 2008.

1. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    DH called me to tell two had hatched. They finally let me out today. I have some of the cutest chicks. Can't wait to take pics. if I feel like it. I have been a sick puppy. I was feeling fine till noon Monday and then I started throwing up and diarrhea and then pooping blood. Been a little rough. I am feeling better. I didn't think they were going to let me go today. I have had clear liquids since Mon. and they sent me home to ease into eating again. I have to be on antibiotics for two more weeks and then colonospy. The CT Scan showed my colon and intestines in a a mess from this stuff. Hope no one else gets it.
    Sorry now back to the chicks. I will be moving them when they finish hatching. Show you the big surprise.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Oh, Julie! I sure hope you feel much, much better soon! Sorry you're missing your hatch, though.

3. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

Julie,

Congratulations on the hatch. I have noticed that you were absent. I am glad that you are feeling better, take it easy and don't try to do too much!

4. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Gosh Julie...your in my thoughts and prayers...

5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry you've been ill. My chicks are hatching though, and I think one of the blues is pipped. Or this rotten little chick put a piece of shell on the egg to get me excited. [​IMG] It's in a position that I can't tell

I do hope you start feeling better soon. Drink Aloe Vera juice mixed in a juice that you can drink. My brother used that for his colitus and it really worked to ease his intestinal bleeding.

6. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Thanks, I will see if I can find some. I appreciate all the prayers. Don't know what I would do without DH. He has been taking good care of me and the chickies. I bought some Activia yogurt to try for the first thing. i will see how that goes. I am going to go check on the bator and see if I have any more pretties hatched. Lonecowboy, Hoping for your blue Orpies.

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I wondered where you'd been! Sorry to hear you've been under the weather...hope you get to feeling better real soon. [​IMG]

8. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    Hope you get better soon hun!, Im so sorry you missed your hatch, its like you wait 3 weeks and ya miss it [​IMG]

9. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey Julie,
    I'm glad you're home now, and with lots of rest you'll be back to normal in no time. Take it easy, and don't push things too hard. I am sending prayers your way.
    Can't wait to see the little ones. Take care of yourself first though.

Jada

10. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    Julie.........Glad to see you are back home and hopefully feling better! Take care of yourself and leave the chicks up to your DH...!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by