1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I have been trying for hours to change my Avator

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ginbart, Jan 10, 2009.

1. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    All day, and I mean all day, I have been trying to change my Avator. I did get my old one off but now I can't get the new one on.

I went to the Forum Q & A. I did everything I was told, I can't get it. I went to Photobucket, I tryed shrinking it. It's not working. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    edited to add,

I get to here, Enter an avatar file to upload and when I click on the upload it doesn't nothing.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    It may be an issue with your computer or web browser. Can you post pictures in a thread?

If you post it here, I will add your avatar for you. (PM me when you have posted the picture here).

3. cackle

cackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I am having the same issue. I came here to rant. I know I can add one because I have done it.

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    sorry, when i read this, The Chicken Lady's didn't come through..didn't notice she was adding it for you.

i'm having trouble getting whole pages and also with the certificate issue others mentioned today.

5. cackle

cackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Now I also have a backyard page that is empty...

6. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Quote:Shazamm! Miss jayne to the rescue! I was having difficulty too. I told DH about her tips. He followed her directions and wala~ I have a new avatar!! Of course I still don't know how to do it myself....[​IMG]

Thanks miss_jayne! [​IMG]

Edited to add... it is supposed to be animated. Any idea how to fix that?

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:Shazamm! Miss jayne to the rescue! I was having difficulty too. I told DH about her tips. He followed her directions and wala~ I have a new avatar!! Of course I still don't know how to do it myself....[​IMG]

Thanks miss_jayne! [​IMG]

no prob bob, i mean thechickenchick! [​IMG]

8. ginbart

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Quote:[​IMG]

Ok lets see if it comes up.

I left a message for my internet pleace because I was trying to add something to craigslist and couldn't do it. [​IMG]

Thank you.

9. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    All better, thanks to the magic of The Gimp (a free PhotoShop knockoff program). [​IMG] Enjoy your new avatar!

10. ginbart

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Well I'll be, it took you 5 minutes to do what I have been trying to do for hours. [​IMG]

Thank you so much.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by