I have bought Fish Zole for my chicken who has Canker please advise on how much to give

karengoslin

In the Brooder
Jun 17, 2015
Hello Americans

One of my oldest chickens has Canker on the inside of her beak and a little spreading back.(my diagnosis) I bought Copper Sulphate which I have added to water for her and the rest of the flock as an added aid.. I know how she caught it. We have a water butt that collects rain water for watering plants. It has a tap on it. She plays with the tap pecking at it till it comes on (just a plastic easy to open tap) inside the tap is green and I believe this is how she got the Canker. I have put a sock over the tap now..
All other chickens are fine.

I bought Fish Zole, 250mg. I know there is advice here and there on the net but wanted your opinions as she is old. She doesn't lay any-more. She is in good condition otherwise. What is a safest amount to give her? I would rather lean on giving her less over a longer period than more unless you think that is the wrong approach. Please advise on what is a safe amount.

I will be very grateful. Is two crows around? Can someone say hi from me please... Hello two crows, how are you?

Kind Regards Karen

Hi Karen,

If you want to reach a particular member, click on the Private Messages link in the upper right corner of your screen. A window will open up where you can address a message to a member and send it.

I'm not familiar with the Fish Zole for cankers but if you want to ask on the emergencies/diseases forum, here's a link to get you there:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

Good luck!

oh thank you so much for your help

You bet! That's what we're all here for, to help one another. Hope things work out well for you
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined us!

I'm sorry about your chicken with canker.
hugs.gif
Hopefully, Two Crows or another member with experience treating canker can help.

Thank you to you all...I am not very good at this, I cant find private messages in top right of screen...its missing on my screen, theres an advert or something with a baby on, is it behind the advert? Sorry to be a pest

Back
Top Bottom