I have chicken on the brain

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by scooter147, Apr 10, 2009.

1. scooter147

scooter147 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    I was watching Survivor last night and in the first challange they had this nice wooden ladders to get to the top of a pole. My first thought was THOSE WOULD MAKE GREAT CHICKEN ROOSTS!![​IMG]

2. Fancypants4569

Fancypants4569 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2008
    Prineville, Oregon
    Hehe!! I do that to...I see perfectly squared old bookshelves with the wood backing and think ooooo those would make good nest boxes! LOL [​IMG]

3. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    I can no longer see much of anything without yelling "chicken ***insert whatever here >_____"! [​IMG]

Dawn

4. StrawberryHouseMouse

StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    My hubby says I'm insain now. That it's rotted my brain. lol I don't disagree.

5. redstars

redstars Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    south dartmouth ma
    My wife Tells me I'm starting to look like a chicken.[​IMG]

6. Fancypants4569

Fancypants4569 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2008
    Prineville, Oregon
    We went to the dump today to get rid of all the garbage the the last person left at our new house, and there was a contractor there that was dumping all of his lumber remnants. He had a whole bunch of 2x1's and I was like "Hey those are perfectly good for chicken stuff!!!" My poor hubby was thinkin I was being insane, but I told him those are over a buck a peice at Home Depot [​IMG] I did my homework![​IMG] Anyway the guy was nice enough to separate them out for me...I cant help it, I tend to be on the thrifty side... Have a great day folks, just had to share my chicken stuff with ya today.

7. Henrik Petersson

Henrik Petersson Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2009
    Karlskrona, Sweden
    I can't see a garden these days without planning how one could make a chicken run in it! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by