I have chicks hatching this Friday 3-8 anyone else?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gimmie birdies, Mar 3, 2013.

1. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    [​IMG]

These black chicks are what my chicks will look like. they were born 2/20. Dad Coco maran and the moms were all kinds, each egg is a diff color, and I got them from my friend's fridge.

2. Busmom129

Busmom129 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2010
    Huguenot , N.Y.
    Hi I am a newbie to incubating, and I have 22 eggs ( Jersey giants & SLW) in the bator due to hatch on 3/9. My kids are getting impatient, I'm gettiong excited.they'll be here by weeks end. Good Luck

3. gimmie birdies

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    you 2!

4. gimmie birdies

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    I have a small incubator I made 8-9'' with a 15w bulb, today is day 18, but I am calling it day 17 because I put in eggs late in the day 18 days ago. I candled my eggs, 3 looked normal 3 were alive but being larger eggs they had more fluid in them then I would like, so I built another incubator, exactly the same, and am going to separate the hatches so the eggs with fluid say dryer, and I will lock down the others tomorrow.

5. gimmie birdies

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Francischick

Francischick Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2012
    mississippi
    I have some due to the 8th as well I just had 15 hatch last Saturday I hope I have good luck with these as well

7. gimmie birdies

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    good luck to you! Just to note on my pics. the bowl you see is not for water, it is to hold the lamp for fire safety.

8. jimlas

jimlas Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2011
    Hi There!
    I have 18 Khaki Cambell duck eggs due to hatch on Friday. They had been rocking since the 2 though so I decided that I had better up the humidity just in case they tried to hatch early. I decided to lock down today as well, and tonight I went down to peek at them and I hear a cheeping coming from the incubator. I am so so excited as I failed miserably last year after two attempts at trying to hatch some duck eggs.
    I will keep you posted with the results :eek:)

9. gimmie birdies

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    I don't like to give chicken eggs too much water but I hear duck eggs need it. I have a cayuga male duck and a rouen/call mix female, she is laying eggs and I am saving them.

10. erinchelsea

erinchelsea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    Webster City, IA
    Great job on the incubator!

I have chicks hatching Thursday or so, but they are under a mama hen. I am curious to see what they turn out to be, I have a White Rock roo and lots of different hens so I have no idea what they will turn out to be. Should be fun!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by