i have chicks!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenboy95, Jan 21, 2009.

1. chickenboy95

chickenboy95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2008
    se ohio
    Help...the chicks are hatching. How long do I leave them in the incubator??? When do they need to drink or eat??? The mother we put them with has killed (trampled) two already so we are helping until chickenboy gets home from school. HELP:([​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  2. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    Don't do anything...leave them in the bator they will make it for three days without food or water\\

Adults are dangerous!

3. chickenboy95

chickenboy95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2008
    se ohio
    I thought the wire would hurt them. Thanx

4. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    Wire? If you are talking about the wire on the bottom of the 'bator...that is a yes/no answer...it is best to not leave little chicks on it but not horrible either...it is usually best to leave chicks in a 'bator until completely dry and then move them to a brooder (something warm and protective from other birds and such) the little guys really can't go with adults unless the hen hatches them herself...the birds will not protect them and will establish their dominance (thus the trambled birds)...The reason folks ship new hatched birds is that they still have a yolk sac they are feeding from inside of them...this will give them enough to sustain them for about three days...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by