I have coop envy...

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Magpie31, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Magpie31

Magpie31 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2011
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I have done a ton of research, DH is now sold on the idea, DD (9y/o) is excited, DS (15 y/o) is convinced mom has lost her mind, but what else is new...the only hold up to our chicken adventure is the coop...

I am currently scouring craigslist etc for cheap building materials. Otherwise I have to wait a couple more months before we can get started building.

I think I need a pouting smilie...

2. juliette2009

juliette2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2009
    Wadmalaw Island, SC
    Quote:[​IMG]

I sympathize, I really do! [​IMG]

3. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Me, too! I'm in the same boat...CL is great unlees you're frustrated like I am about always being a day late & a dolloar short.

4. suburbanite

suburbanite Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2011
    amusing post [​IMG]

I guess I am lucky, when I mentioned wanting to raise my own chickens, my wife and 3 of the 4 kids were very excited about the idea, 17 year old son really doesn't care one way or the other. Now if chickens had lcd monitors on their backs and play station controllers on their tails, he would be excited about it

5. GiddyMoon

GiddyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    Join the club. I placed a wanted ad on CL and a guy emailed me wanting to unload a roll of chainlink and a bunch of 4x8 plywood..I have that coming Friday..we will see what I get LOL

6. ryan820

ryan820 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2010
    Colorado
    Anything left around the house that needs a new purpose or vision? It doesn't have to be fancy or anythign grand but so long as it is a safe place for your chickens, it'll do.

I got chickens this Spring. Then I had to shell out 2600 on a home heating repair-- completely unexpected, i assure you. So I took a hammer and crow bar to some things around the house we no longer needed, used or want....two weekends later TADA! I have a coop.

You can follow the insanity at this post.

7. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    GiddyMoon,very jealous...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  8. GiddyMoon

Apr 14, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    And...we moved out of state a year ago, spent 9 mths in a vacation house..so we are starting clean over..when I asked my boys if they wanted beds or chickens..THEY SAID CHICKENS! They are still sleeping on air mattresses and one on the couch! [​IMG]

There is no "extra" lying around this place..and the move wiped us..PLUS...I stepped out on faith anyway and ordered our chicks..ok Lord..I am waiting. [​IMG]

9. GiddyMoon

Apr 14, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    Quote:Don't be until I see it! LOL I trusted a guy selling 50 ft of chainlink and polls and he was a lair..I barely got 40 feet with a rotten half:(

10. Chihuahuamom444

Chihuahuamom444 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    I am always posting on craigslist for dog kennels or panels and within 5 mins I get flagged and it's taken off so I gave up on that.....people need a life [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by