1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I have decided I need friends...who love chickens too!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by theCoolAimee, May 7, 2011.

1. theCoolAimee

theCoolAimee Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2010
    Hattiesburg
    The ones I have now look at me funny when I talk about my chickens. They look at me kinda like this... 0.o I need others who share my interest! Maybe we could even trade em, kinda like pokemon cards :p just kidding. But seriously. Does anyone ever feel that way?

2. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    I think everyone at some point in their lives wishes they had friends who shared their interests.

3. benjoycei

benjoycei Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Wilmington
    I just torture my friends and talk about chickens anyway....hehe
    anyway Hi! I love chickens too, they are funny

4. Sierra pachie bars

Sierra pachie bars Queen of the Lost

Nov 8, 2008
    It is neat to share a love with someone who loves the same thing. Most my friends are chicken lovers too. Wish my hubby loved them too. He likes eggs but he doesn't get worked up like I do . I get giddy.

5. WyandotteTX

WyandotteTX Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2010
    Luckily I always have my dad to talk to about chickens...my wife tolerates me lol
    But I will be your friend, always enjoy talking chickens on BYC.......its an addiction for many, many of us [​IMG]

6. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Yes! If you have not had chickens, then you have no idea how much fun they are. I even built my neighbor a coop and gave her some chickens, we are best buds. I sure wish my husband liked chickens. But he tolerates them for my sake. You will meet lots of nice people on here who love chickens .;-)

7. Katydid2011

Katydid2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    West Coast USA
    I feel the same way. I'm grateful to have a forum like this but I need to somehow expand my offline circle of friends to include people who get it. I'm tired of all the raised eyebrows. [​IMG]

8. Up-the-Creek

Up-the-Creek Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    West Virginia
    I find it funny when your friends find out you have chickens and they look at you like you have two heads! [​IMG] Honestly,..I don't have any friends who don't have an interest in chickens or something of that nature,....and some of us do trade chickens like pokemon cards! [​IMG]

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Honey you have close to 90k people that love chickens too. You may not get along with them all, but we all have THAT in common.

10. theCoolAimee

theCoolAimee Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2010
    Hattiesburg
    Haha I'm 18 TK so I hear you on the high school thing. I just graduated in December :p I name my chickens after video game characters and such so I can bring them up more lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by