I have eggs again!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Countrywife, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Countrywife

Countrywife Corrupted by a Redneck

Aug 20, 2009
    Carolina
    WHOO HOO! I was fixin to have another processing day. I have been buying eggs for a month, which really ticks me off when I have 13 hens of laying age. Went to the barn saturday and found a clutch of 12. More than one has been laying there, I have kept an eye on it. Then I found another spot with two. So, we marked the eggs, and left them, and am now collecting again. I had 3 fresh eggs yesterday. HOORAY!!! Next is the annual conversation with the husband over why they don't lay in the coops. I dunno, cause they are female, and they don't want to.

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Congrats,

Mine have picked up again too. Have gone from 1-2/day to about 3/day. I have just 4 hens.

Imp

3. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG] I had three girls start back into production today. Three of my Ameraucanas started back, too, within the last week. Days are getting longer now, so guess the joint will be jumping soon, eggs everywhere.

5. Countrywife

Aug 20, 2009
    Carolina
    from you mouth to God's ears, I have missed my eggs!

6. bockbock2008

bockbock2008 Why do they call me crazy??

Dec 30, 2008
    Southwest Indiana
    If I had to have an egg hunt everyday, I'd go crazy. All of mine lay in the next boxes.

7. Countrywife

Aug 20, 2009
    Carolina
    Its not an egg hunt, really. They lay in the same place, just not the coop. Fickle females I tell ya.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by