I have eggs coming next week..need help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Silkiemom2, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Silkiemom2

Silkiemom2 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2012
    Hello i have a hova- bator,with turner.I need to know the correct temp.sometimes it jumps to 99.7..is that ok.and what do i keep the humidity at? any other info would help..small end of the eggs go down in the turner..any other info. would be a big help..thanks

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  2. Becci

Becci Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2012
    AL
    If your incubator is forced air, the air inside will all be the same temperature, and you can set it to 99.5 F. It's okay if it fluctuates a degree or two. If you have a still air incubator, you want to measure the temperature at the top of the eggs, and try and get it to 101.5-102 F. The goal is to have the center of the egg around 99.5 F, and because heat rises, the top of the egg will be warmer than the center. The humidity totally depends on your climate. Alot of people in the more humid climates do 'dry incubation'.

3. Silkiemom2

Apr 5, 2012
    Its a forced air model..When the eggs arrive do i need to set them for awhile,before putting them into the bator,which has a turner.While sitting do they need to be set up on the fat end or thin end.When i put them in the bator,do i turn the turner on right away or wait a few days.Is there anywhere on the internet,where they give instructions,that i can print out..thanks

4. Silkiemom2

Apr 5, 2012
    ? Anyone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by