I have everything ready… except chicks- help!

Fowl_Language_

Chirping
Feb 7, 2023
Central Florida
Both tractor supply’s in my area sold out of their chicks yesterday as soon as they got them in. I’m looking for 6, and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a place to get them, or a hatchery online that lets you buy less than 10 and has some in stock for this or next month. I checked Meyers and the rep said the earliest is June for Plymouth Rocks. I’d like them sooner, what would you guys suggest? Tractor supply
Said to call them on Mondays to see when their shipment is coming in. I think at this point maybe the best thing to do is just wait outside the day they have them. 😩 I’m getting so anxious!! I want those chicks!

Thanks all !

I know how you feel last year was the same just keep calling tractor supply! It will come! We called every day for a few days infill they got buff orpingtons! I know it’s hard to wait but that’s the quickest way to get them the hatcheries take so long!!!!

My Healthy has chicks available early March. Their minimum is 3. They still have a 10% discount through the end of the month. Consider buying extras and selling them on CL or find someone to split an order with. Shipping can be super expensive under 15 chicks. Should not be an issue selling extras as everyone else in your area is dealing with the same lack of inventory.

Both tractor supply’s in my area sold out of their chicks yesterday as soon as they got them in. I’m looking for 6, and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a place to get them, or a hatchery online that lets you buy less than 10 and has some in stock for this or next month. I checked Meyers and the rep said the earliest is June for Plymouth Rocks. I’d like them sooner, what would you guys suggest? Tractor supply
Said to call them on Mondays to see when their shipment is coming in. I think at this point maybe the best thing to do is just wait outside the day they have them. 😩 I’m getting so anxious!! I want those chicks!

Thanks all !
Here you can go in and preorder chicks and they will hold them for you at the farm stores.
Next option is to look on FB marketplace or craigslist.
Next is to hatch your own.

I know how you feel last year was the same just keep calling tractor supply! It will come! We called every day for a few days infill they got buff orpingtons! I know it’s hard to wait but that’s the quickest way to get them the hatcheries take so long!!!!
Okay so it’s normal for hatcheries to be months out like that then? That’s good to know! Thank you for replying, I’ll just hound them I guess haha

Back
Top Bottom