I have figured out the impossible!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by eenie114, Sep 21, 2010.

1. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

How to break a cat's chick killing habit. [​IMG]
    Keep a container of water by the brooder area. [​IMG] I don't mean a little bowl of water, no, I mean a rubbermaid tote with 2' of water. I caught my dumb kitty tormenting my chicks last month. I love my cat dearly, but NOBODY BUT NOBODY MESSES WITH MY CHICKS!!! I grabbed that cat, and stuck him in the waterand splashed his face. I picked him up, told him to scram, and let him go. He forgave me in about 10 miniutes, but I haven't seen him over there since. (Edited becauseI can't type)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010

2. cassie

cassie Crowing

Mar 19, 2009
    A little cold water works wonders with cats. I had a cat that was very interested in the cockatiel until I started keeping a spray bottle filled with water nearby where I could reach it easily. I'd give her a squirt whenever she got near his cage. Wasn't long before she avoided that bird like the plague.

3. hahahaha!!!!! i use a super soaker water gun to keep my inside kitty from making pretty eyes at my front door every time it opened. I love him dearly as well, and thats why i dont want him outside near the road! Also, he hates the pot plants thanks to mouse traps with newspaper laid on top of them. ALSo, i put a can of shaving cream on top the toilet paper roll until he stopped wanting to shred it when i was gone. He was a very bad kitty till he turned 2, and i had to get creative to train him on what not to do.

4. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    I had cats when I was younger, and their habit of climbing up on the kitchen counters drove me crazy. A spritz from a spray bottle each time they launched themselves on to the counters arrested that habit in no time. Boy, cats really do hate water.

FlipFlopFarmer, some great ideas. Who said cats can't be trained? [​IMG]

5. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    I had cats when I was younger, and their habit of climbing up on the kitchen counters drove me crazy. A spritz from a spray bottle each time they launched themselves on to the counters arrested that habit in no time. Boy, cats really do hate water.

FlipFlopFarmer, some great ideas. Who said cats can't be trained? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by