1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I have figured them all out, but THIS one....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LynninOK, Sep 18, 2011.

1. LynninOK

LynninOK Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2011
    Claremore, Oklahoma
    [​IMG]

I really thought this pullet was a Sumatra, except that the skin on her face isn't black. She has that Oriental body shape. I went to the local fair this weekend, and they had a chicken that could have been Edie's twin and had her labeled as a Black Austrolorp, but I really don't think that was right. Entirely wrong body type.

Is there any other breed that it could be?? Here is another picture of here with my newly identified White Jersey Giant (I think...)

[​IMG]

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    that face looks dark cornish to me but I don't know much on that breed

3. LynninOK

May 3, 2011
    Claremore, Oklahoma
    Quote:I've thought that about her face, too.

4. orientphoenix

orientphoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    maybe some oriental asian games

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Feathered legs, partial beard - She's a cross that's for sure. Certainly doesn't have much Oriental Game in her at all if any, but she might have some Cornish behind her.

6. LynninOK

May 3, 2011
    Claremore, Oklahoma
    She was an Ideal chick, that came in a batch of the most random breeds you can imagine. To make things more difficult, someone stole the chick ID book, so I just picked the healthiest looking ones. It was at the end of the Spring season, and I think it was just a shipment of the "leftovers." I ended up with one Black Sex Link (best chicken EVER!!!), a golden penciled Hamburg, a White Jersey Giant, a red shouldered Yokohama, and Edie, the un-identified. She is the only pullet that will let me pet and hold her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by