I have Glass. In my Foot.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rodriguezpoultry, Nov 11, 2009.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Help. The glass is on the underside and apparently can't be seen. I've tried duct tape, having my bf trying with a needle and tweezers. Nothing doing.

What else can I do? I can feel it moving towards my toes and I think it may come out that way.

Any ideas other than cutting through my foot to get to it? I haven't ruled it out as an option yet...

2. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    go see a DR. [​IMG]

3. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    How about some white glue or rubber cement? Apply, let dry, pull off.

I usually just dig them out with the tweezers or a knife.

4. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Quote:Insurance comes through in January...otherwise I would have been there BAM! I am never grooming my feet ever again. I will live with the calluses.

5. ArizonaNessa

ArizonaNessa Joyfully Addicted

Apr 7, 2009
    Texas
    very confused here...how does grooming your feet cause you to get glass in there?

6. OccamsTazer

OccamsTazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Ugh that is the worst! I had a piece of glass in my foot for over a year once...it was teeny and I couldn't get it out...it eventually worked its way out...yuck!

7. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:Calloused skin is tough - harder for glass to get in there so deep.

I've always just gone in with the knife if it comes down to it. My dad has really bad close-up vision (in other words he's farsighted) and he goes barefoot a lot, so I always had to "operate" on his splinters. DH is about half blind and he walked from the beach to the car one time last summer and got some glass in his foot and all I had was my pocketknife. I have lots of experience.

I went barefoot 24/7 for a while, and at the time my feet were so tough that nothing bothered me. It's this having to wear shoes to work and then going barefoot on my day off that causes trouble.

8. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    Quote:Insurance comes through in January...otherwise I would have been there BAM! I am never grooming my feet ever again. I will live with the calluses.

OK I gotta know how THAT happened.[​IMG]

9. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I was trying to pretty myself up. Freshly shaven legs (and there's ALOT of leg there), painted nails.

I got the cheese-grater thing out for my feet. (yeah, they are that bad). I put the lotion on there with the white socks. I can only assume mine came from walking somewhere in the middle of the night. Just sad... [​IMG]

So, I blame it on trying to be pretty. Will not happen again! Darn you cheese-grater sander-offer.

10. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    I always just dig the glass out.... Eventually I get it but not without lots of blood and pain...

Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by