I have HAPPY!!! chickens

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bakerjw, Sep 15, 2010.

1. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    At least I assume that they are happy and very well adjusted. Back in March I picked up 8 sex link pullets from TSC. They started laying perhaps a month or so ago and rarely does a day go by that I don't get 8 eggs from them. As of yesterday they were batting 1.000 for 3 days in a row. 2 dozen eggs in 3 days! These 8 hens probably give me 50 eggs a week!

Is this unusual? I never expected this kind of output.

2. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    Wtg your chickens .my 4 girls aren't doing quite that well but 5or 6 eggs from bo hen about 6 eggs from lt Brahma. And my campine and Andalusian seem to be taking turn laying though the campine seems to be pretending to lay

3. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    Well darn if they didn't give me another 8 yesterday. 32 in 4 days.

4. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    I get 8 out of 8 RIR eggs every other day. They have been laying about a month now

5. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    I don't no how happy the chickens are after laying all those eggs but I can tell you are.

6. OregonChickenGal

OregonChickenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Central Oregon
    Good girls!! [​IMG]

7. Marion565

Marion565 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG]
    That is a great post,.
    I like the eggs my little ones give me, I only get one little pullet egg a day from my 5 RIR but the above post sums it up pretty good.
    It's not about the eggs, it is about how happy your chickens make you.[​IMG]

8. organicchef

organicchef Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2007
    Central NC
    That is a great post,.
    I like the eggs my little ones give me, I only get one little pullet egg a day from my 5 RIR but the above post sums it up pretty good.

I agree with you, Marion!! If mine never laid an egg, I would still enjoy them!!

9. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    Quote:I made a mistake lt. Brahma not lay. My other 2 pullet giving me at least 5 eggs. Will know by the end of this week

10. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

That is a great post,.

I agree with you, Marion!! If mine never laid an egg, I would still enjoy them!!

X2. I didn't even GET my chickens for the eggs, I was looking for free fertilizer for my raised garden beds (animated, pretty, feathered fertilizer units), bug control, and oh, yah, they will lay eggs, too! So eggs are a total bonus I really, really appreciate.

Then I discovered they have personalities. Whoa! SCORE!! I have a whole flock of new little feathered people to enjoy! (And it's getting larger, too...)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by