1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I have lost my mind!!! Yup, it's gone alright!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by luvmychicknkids, Mar 19, 2009.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I have 13 5 week old babies. I have 6 under a week babies. I don't even really want any more chickens. Not now, I am moving in about a year and this will be challenging enough. I also have 6 BLRW eggs I gathered over the past 2 days. Hmmmm....sell them, eat them, give them away???? Oh, I know!!!!
    I just plugged in the bator. [​IMG]

Seriously, I probably won't even keep them. I'll probably just give the chicks away. I just want to hatch them!!!! I think I am sick.

2. BawGock

BawGock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Idaho Panhandle, USA
    I'd hatch em, too.
    There's just a thrill to incubating, isn't there?
    Enjoy your hatch!
    Carolyn

3. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:Remember Step 1 and admit you are powerless over hatching... [​IMG]

Want some quail eggs?

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    [​IMG]

Yes admission is the first step to non-recovery because there is no cure for fuzzybuttitis. Sorry.

5. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:Remember Step 1 and admit you are powerless over hatching... [​IMG]

Want some quail eggs?

[​IMG]

Alright, here goes:
    My name is Christy. I am powerless over hatching.

Ahhh.....that was liberating. And true!!!! LOL

No quail yet, but boy have I wanted to try some!!!! [​IMG]

WHYYYYYYYYYYYY is it so addictive!!!!

I think I have already found a home for these, too. [​IMG] I called my mother and told her what I was doing and I planned to get rid of them when they hatched. She started saying "Well, that is good, I am sure you can find homes for them. I kind of wanted some of those (read she has been frothing at the mouth) but I don't really want more chickens right now. Boy they are pretty. I wasn't wanting to start with a different age again...but it would be nice to have a few......." Yeah, alright, whatever. So Mom will be taking the babies off my hands!!! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by