1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I have made my decision

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by conny63malies, Nov 1, 2008.

1. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I will not build the the playhouse coop i will build the poluet chalet from the chicken coop book. It is way cheaper and easier to make(i hope). I only have to work out a few more kinks and deceide on the color and trim. I will make sure to make a complete cutlist and documentation of the project.

The future inhabitants will be 3-4 Sussex chickens and my millie unless she want to stay with the ducks. I heard only good from those Sussex. Not sure about what color i will get , i'm kind of partial to the columbian pattern i also love the speckled/mille look on them.I really cant have any more chickens as long as i live in the city.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  2. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    My sussex where always very calm birds and good cold weather layers. Nothing bad to say about them at all.

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:thats wha i need , calm cold weather layers tat aint super spazes like the polish i used to have.

4. Firetiger

Firetiger Out Of The Brooder

Aug 3, 2008
    Redmond, WA
    I built the Playhouse and it turned out pretty good. However I have three Orpington hens and the roost house is just 'big enough' for the three.
    I was told to allow 10 sq ft. per bird for the coop which I did (32 sq ft.) but after the fact I noticed the feeder, waterer and ramp waste a lot of space. My flock (Orpingtons are big) seemed crowded, so I build an addition. Hens seem a lot happier!

Build big if you can!

5. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG]

LOVE this name!!!

I will be saying this all day, now! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by